Monday 14 January 2013

I-D magazine


 I-D is a British magazine dedicated to fashion, music, and art and youth culture. I-D was founded by designer and former Vogue art director Terry Jones. Over the years the magazine evolved into a mature glossy magazine but it has kept street style and youth central to every issue. Tipped on its side, the "i-D" logo reveals a winking smiley face. Most issues of i-D magazine have featured a model that is also pulling similar faces. I took inspiration from this magazine when thinking of names for my mast head. The final ideas for the masthead to feature in my magazine had to have a clear link between the cover star and the masthead like I-D magazine. I discovered the name Lips as this is commonly connected with music so the audience are able to identify straight away what genre of magazine it is. Moreover I was able to get my model to pout her lips to make a link with the mast head as this showed a clear signal that there is a link between both the model and mast head.
This is the masthead for I-D magazine tipped showing you the connection between the masthead and the cover star.



















This is the starting of the front cover of my magazine and the connection i have made between the cover star and the mast head.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment